Life on the Boat Moksha Suite Room
- Family/child friendly
- Air conditioning
- Suitable for events
|Address||Shum Wan Rd, Wong Chuk Hang, 0000 Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|Property type||Private room|
The Information about Moksha:
Hong Kong is a great city but with very limited space, it makes it difficult to live if you come from open places. Having a 6 feet by 2 feet balcony in Hong-Kong means throwing millions more and a sea view is something only thousands of dollar/night can buy you.
The host (Saral) lives with his Chinese girlfriend (Sweety) and the helper (Siti) on the boat. Besides the master bedroom and the helper room, there are 2 extra bedrooms on the boat available for guest short-term stay.
Only for those, who would like to make their holiday special and experience "the life on a boat", we are offering 2 rooms to rent. Our boat is called Moksha and was built in 1993. The boat has been restored and converted into comfortable houseboat in Oct 2010, with classic Chinese wooden decoration. It's moored in Aberdeen on Hong Kong Island. It's just 2 minutes to famous Jumbo Restaurant; 5 minutes to Ocean Park, 15 minutes by bus to Jockey Club (Horse races-every Wednesday), Wan-Chai, Causeway-Bay and Deep-Water-Bay beach. 25 minutes by bus (with regular traffic) to Central and Stanley Beach. We are parked in Hong-Kong Island and next to Bus terminal and taxi station so transportation is very easy.
The Room Conditions:
On this page, you can see the bedroom pictures. This is a 200 square feet suite room at top of the boat at the independent floor with full set bathroom and sea view balcony, full size wardrobe and drawers, desk, reading light, clean pillows and quilt. The bed linens are changed once in 3 days but will provide fresh on your arrival. Our helper will daily clean and make your bedroom, washroom/bathroom. Any additional services such as laundry and ironing can be arranged with her directly. There will be HKD50 per day if you require the laundry service.
This suit room can accommodate for 2 persons (a couple) with a kid, we can provide the mattress for the kid in the same room. After that for extra 1 persons can stay in the TV room. TV room has a small double bed, which can accommodate 1 adult or 2 kids. The TV room is open but with a curtain to close on the bedside, please refers to pictures for details if you are 3 or 4 persons in your trip. For a trip with 4 -5 persons, we will help you reserve 2 rooms with the TV room. (For the kid under 10 years old we do not charge extra.)
Basic breakfast such as cereals, bread-toast, tea, coffee will also be provided. We usually cook Chinese, Indian, Indonesian food or BBQ on the boat and will also invite you too join but please do not consider this mandatory or included in your room rent.
For food, there are few nice restaurants around our place; there is a great and cheap Thai food near by (only 10 walk), authentic fish market (where you can choose fresh sea food and take to kitchen for cooking). The details we will tell you on your arrival. And guests are also welcome to bring their food and cook in the kitchen.
Transportation to the Boat:
From the airport to our place, it takes around 40 minutes by Taxi & costs around HKD350. If you want a local/cheaper option, then first take the airport express train (HK$100 per person) from the airport to Hong Kong Station (Central- last stop) then take a bus (HKD4.7 per person) from outside the train station (Exchange Square bus terminal) to the last stop (Shum Wan road bus terminal) near our home. Or you can take a taxi (HKD80) after you arrive Central. The pier is next to the bus terminal, you can take the water taxi to the boat. It is only 5 minutes away from the pier to the boat. The water taxi runs 24 hours and cost HKD7 per person in the day time, HKD10 per person in the night time and HKD20 per person after mid-night.
The direction with full details & reference pictures will be sent to you by email a week before your check in date.
We have 2 British Short Hair breed cats on the boat, the grey one call Shiva and the white one called Apple. Shiva is a boy, he understand what you are talking about but he never care. He hate people hug and touch him but if you do it, he will not against it. Apple is a girl she always likes to follow people and want people touch her, but do not try to hug her, as she will fight back. The cats are not allowed into the guest room. If the cats try to go into your room and you are not happy about it, just tell them go out and they will run out straight away.
The Last Thing:
I will recommend you also check out our house rules from the website and we look forward to see you on Moksha.
Tips for booking:
1. You can direct make the reservation from Wimdu, select the right check in and check out date, the number of persons, then settle the payment. After you have done it, a confirmation email will be sent to you and the booking record will be updated to our calendar automatically. The owner has no right to change your booking date after the booking has been confirmed, if you found out the booking date is not the one you expect from the booking confirmation, please contact Wimdu immediately to help you change the date.
2. After you make the reservation, the host will send the full direction to your Wimdu registry email address.
3. If you have any special requirement, please let us know and we will try our best to arrange. In case any extra cost for any special arrangement, we'll advise you in advance.
- As concerned about the health of the cats, Please do-not feed the cat without host permission.
- Check out time Before 1pm however in some circumstances such as late flight, we accept late check-out considering that no other guests are arriving the same day, in which case you are welcomed to hang-around on the boat but clear the room before 1pm.
- Check in time: After 1:00 pm however in some circumstances such as early flight arrival, we accept early check-in considering that no other guests are checking out the same day, in which case you are welcomed to hang-around on the boat until the room is cleared and cleaned.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If Check-in after 9pm, is consider as late and requires you to inform the host in advance as we have to make special arrangements. If the guest didn't inform the host of the late check-in, we will consider the booking is cancelled automatically without refund.
- We have electric toilets on-board which gets jammed/damaged if you throw anything else in the toilet except toilet paper (eg cotton buds, plastic, diapers, pads etc) . In case the pump is broken due to your carelessness we'll charge the repair fees of USD200 as penalty.
- Smoking is only allowed in outdoor area. It's not allowed to smoke indoors including living room, guest room and washroom.
- All rules are flexible, but the guests have to discuss with the host in advance if they have any special situation.
- The boat is only allowed the person who make the reservation stay on the boat, if you have friends in Hong Kong and you want to invite them to the boat, please ask the host permission in advance. If the guest bring other persons on the boat without notice, we will cancel the your stay permit immediately without any refund.
|Weekly rate for up to 2 guests||$ 1127 AU|
|Monthly rate for up to 2 guests||$ 3920 AU|
|Price for > 2 guests||$ 70 AU per guest/night extra|
|Check-in after||1 PM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
Despite all the romantic stories I have read about the stay on the boat, and despite the fact that Saral seems to be a nice guy (as he is very precise in the description and material about how to get/to find his boat) - I unfortunately can not recommend to stay on Moksha! The reason lies in the fact that the Cats on the Boat will most likely spoil your belongings (in our case they peed in my daughters suitcase!!!) or if you happen to be lucky that this will not be the fact, than you will most likely bring cockroaches from the boat to your home or wherever you go next. We had them in our suitcase - which to our surprise apparently surprised the stuff on the boat!?!?
All in all the four nights were tough also because we were unlucky that there were power supply-problems unluckily just at the days we were there so that cooling and light (cockroaches!) fell out...
Very unusual waterfront living by Singapore's limited marina standards. We missed out narrowly on the new annex room above. The cats are awesome and we actually look forward to the daily boat rides to the bus interchange to town.
Quit an experience! The boat lays in the Aberdeen harbour, closeby the 'floating restaurants'...
Cosy(quite old wooden) boat with great night view.
The helper Siti is very kind.
Free breakfast is another good point.
Bad point is the bed - is too hard and pillow was to low for me(worse than hostel bed in Mongkok). I had serious waist pain next day.
And they are on renovation currently. very noisy in the morning from 8am. There was no prior notice on it.
excellent experience staying on the boat! very very comfy and cozy. thank you very much sweetie, saral and citi!
a very different and unique stay. I actually witness another side of Hong Kong. No more the the busy city but just the calm sea.
The host is very warm, friendly and helpful too.
Very nice host! I didnt show up because of the bad weather but he give me a chance to drop by in 6 months.
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption