Holidays in Santa Catarina
- Family/child friendly
|Address||Rua do Sol a Santa Catarina, 1200-453 Lisboa, Portugal|
|Response time||A few hours|
A room with a bed for two and storage of clothing. Living room with sofa bed for two people. Bed linen and bath towels. Washing machine, fridge, stove, water heated. Full bathroom. kitchen with all appliances.
Near the Mirador de Santa Catarina or Adamastor / Largo Camões / Baixa Chiado / Bairro Alto / Cais do Sodré. Transport 50 meters, local commerce.
Nightclubs, bars and restaurants close.
Ideal for holidays.
BAIRRO ALTO + CHIADO
Lisbon's cultural and bohemian heart; nightlife and shopping mecca
BAIRRO ALTO is a picturesque working class quarter dating from the 16th century that has traditionally been the city's bohemian haunt of artists and writers.
Its grid of streets is quiet during the day, but is transformed at night into the city's vibrant nightlife quarter. Behind colorful and graffiti-ridden façades is a variety of traditional and international restaurants, tourist-packed Fado Houses, and a multitude of bars and alternative shops that stay open until late at night. Throughout the week, and especially on weekends you'll find people of all ages, backgrounds, and lifestyles bar-hopping through the cobbled lanes or standing outside with a drink in hand enjoying the city's usual mild nights.
The main commercial streets are Rua do Norte, Rua da Atalaia, and Rua do Diario de Noticias, from where it is easy to reach Miradouro de São Pedro de Alcântara (a garden-terrace with a panoramic view over the city), and two of the city's most interesting churches: São Roque with its magnificent baroque interior and the romantic Gothic ruins of Carmo Church.
Chiado shops Neighboring CHIADO is an elegant, sophisticated district of theaters, bookshops, old-style cafes, art nouveau jewelry shops, luxurious international names such as Hermes, and local treasures such as the opulently gilded Tavares Rico Restaurant opened in 1784, the fine porcelain shop Vista Alegre, or one of Portugal's international fashion designers, Ana Salazar.
Much of the area was destroyed in a fire in 1988, but has since been reborn. It remains one of Lisbon's most beloved districts, with reminders of its past as the center of the city's intellectual life, with statues of literary figures such as Fernando Pessoa, Luis de Camões, and Eça de Queiroz.
Up the hill is PRINCIPE REAL, an area known for its antique and interior design shops on Rua Dom Pedro V and Rua da Escola Politecnica, and also for being the city's gay quarter with a number of gay bars and clubs. In the streets from the Principe Real Garden down to the riverfront, especially in Rua de São Marçal, are attractive 19th century townhouses and some of the most tranquil spots in the city, such as the leafy Praça das Flores.
To the west is the district of Estrela, dominated by a huge domed basilica. It is not too far from the country's parliament, the neoclassical São Bento Palace, and connects to the west to opulent Lapa, the diplomatic quarter with grand embassy buildings and old mansions. It is also the site of the Ancient Art Museum, one of the city's top attractions.
Very good place :)
2. So it is very important to close the front door when the rise.
3. Take good care of the apartment and the furniture. How is your own.
4. Above all, feel at home.
5. A bottle of white wine and cheese Portuguese is waiting for you on arrival!
6. Always close the door on the key
The most important thing is to enjoy your stay in my house and in Lisbon
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
|Price for > 2 guests||$ 15 AU per guest/night extra|
|Maximum nights||2 months|
|Check-in after||2 PM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||10 AM|
This is the second time that I've stayed in this apartment. The first was two years ago. Since then, the bathroom has been remodeled and new furniture added. The improvements have made it even more modern and comfortable, and I highly recommend it, not only for the apartment itself, but also for its central location. The owner, Henrique, was easy to work with; and the manager's husband, Ricardo, who met us on arrival, was friendly, helpful and accommodating. I rated the apartment a 10 two years ago; and if there was a rating of 11, I'd do that now. Like I said, I highly recommend it.
Even though we had to shorten our trip, we had a really great time. The apartment is cosy and has a perfect geographic situation.
Thanks again, Ana, for your kindness and great advices.
We won't hesitate to come back next time we visit Lisbon.
Absolutely perfect, flexibel and uncomplicated. A clean, sweet, clean and lovely appartement near the center and central station. We will come back!
Thanks to Anna!
The apartment very well located. Ana is very kind hostess. We enjoyed our stay in Lisbona.
Ana, very good hostess.
Apartment very central and convenient.
Ana, muy buena anfitriona.
Piso muy céntrico y bien situado.
The place is well located and Anna is helpful. However, it is pretty small and there is hardly any daylight in it. So it is good for those who plan to only sleep in it. ;)
We enjoyed our stay in Ana's apartment. It is a small and simple apartment (not so suitable for tall people) but it is very well located in the old city.. Ana was a very kind and friendly host.
Ana is excellent hostess, she was very friendly and made good recommendations. Your apartment is conveniently located near the historic center of Lisbon, had a great time. We could walk to the main sites of the city. The apartment is small but very comfortable and equipped with everything we needed, we slept calm, quiet and very safe area close to everything. 10 in price, location and comfort.
Ana es excelente anfitriona, fue muy amable y nos dio buenas recomendaciones. Su apartamento está muy bien ubicado cerca al centro histórico de Lisboa, la pasamos de maravilla. Nos podíamos ir caminando a los lugares principales de la ciudad. El apartamento es pequeño pero muy cómodo y dotado con todo lo que necesitábamos, dormimos tranquilas, sin ruidos y la zona es muy segura cerca de todo. Un 10 en relación precio, ubicación y comodidad.
Ana is very nice, very serviable.Un small gift waiting for us on arrival.
Ana est très gentille, très serviable.Un petit cadeau nous attendait à l'arrivée.
1) In principio la proprietaria mi aveva concesso il Check in alle 10 di mattina. Arrivati in città sono stato abbandonato in aeroporto con mia moglie e il bambino di 10 mesi fini alle 14. Avendo avuto difficoltà a trovare la casa siamo arrivati alle 14:20 e la signora è stata molto sgarbata, ci ha spiegato velocemente i dettagli della casa ed è andata via.
2) Per quanto riguarda il letto è molto scomodo e piccolo, buono per chi ha un' altezza piccola stile puffi. Al posto delle doghe vi è una tavola di legno che la mattina ti fa alzare col mal di schiena.
3) La casa è molto calda e non c è possibilità di fare circolare L aria. Difficoltà a dormire la notte anche con quel minuscolo ventilatore che fa girare aria calda e fa anche un rumore incredibile. Le luci in casa aumentano il calore.
4) In bagno non ci sono finestre (come in tutta la casa del resto) e non vi è nemmeno un estrattore X L aria creando così umidità in casa.
5) Lo scaldabagno perde acqua e si rischia di prendere la corrente, ma non si scampa alla puzza di muffa.
6) La doccia è impraticabile. La porta in vetro non permette di entrare facilmente e di conseguenza anche di uscirne. Non essendo poi fissa al muro è un pó una seccatura potersi lavare.
7) Il punto di forza è la posizione centrale della casa. In 15 minuti raggiungi a piedi le zone focali della città anche se questi 15 minuti sono un pó una fatica visto che le salite e le discese sono molto ripide. Sconsigliata per chi ha un bambino con annesso passeggino.
Se volessi tornare a visitarla sicuramente non tornerei ad alloggiare lì.
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption