Stockholm is Sweden's capital . This European metropolis is visited by one million international visitors and tourists every year. Populated by just under two million people, and made up of over 14 islands connected by over 50 bridges, the city is amazingly cosmopolitan. Its modern forward-thinking image is matched by some great modern architecture and facilities, but the city also has plenty of history and heritage to draw upon and interest the visitors. The Swedish capital is one of Wimdu’s most popular booking areas, and accommodation can be found here for varying tastes and prices . Perhaps a lovely apartment right in the heart of Stockholm for those who can pay a little extra , or a charming apartment surrounded by nature just 30 minutes from Stockholm Central that is kinder to your wallet. You can even stay in accommodation with a garden in the middle of the Stockholm archipelago, which is probably the most beautiful in all of Europe.
Accommodation in StockholmThere are many accommodation options in Stockholm , but if you 're looking for a private accommodation , or living with a host - should you choose to book with Wimdu ! With over 350 rental options in Stockholm - ranging from luxury apartments in Östermalm , to cozy and cheap accommodation in Södermalm , you are spoilt for choice. Make sure you find a place near to the metro so you can travel around the city at ease. Taking a rental away from the usual hotel districts, allows you to see Swedish life up close, giving you more affordable living options, in what can be a quiet expensive city for visitors. Those on a small budget can also opt to share an apartment with a local. Take a room in their home and you will have an immediate city guide.
- Sweden is the third largest country by area in Europe , second only to France and Spain.
- Stockholm Globe Arena is the world's largest hemispherical building, with a diameter of 110 meters , an inner height of 85 meters , and a total volume of 600,000 m³ . It is also the world's largest scale model of the solar system.
- The first ice hotel in the world was built near the village of Jukkasjärvi , in Kiruna, which is situated in Sweden . On Wimdu’s website you will find this accommodation.
- The world- famous IKEA was founded in Sweden 1943.
- Stockholm city was established in 1252 by Birger Jarl as a fortress against the Baltic pirates.
- The city of Stockholm is ranked as one of the ten most popular cities for congress destination in the world.